Friday, December 20, 2013

The Struggle

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING! Last quarter kicked my butt. For those of you who don't know, the quarter system is fast. It's about 10 weeks long, so professors have to pack what would be a semester long class into 10 weeks. And in return, I become swamped, stressed, and exhausted. I have absolutely no time to breathe. But don't worry, I am still managing to have a good time. I had an awesome 19th birthday, and made wonderful memories with my friends who go to UCSC with me. These are the times that I will never forget, and the memories that will hold forever.


If you are currently having problems in college (maybe even high school!), or are on the path towards college and are looking for some advice, I'm here to help:

  1. Time management. This is huge. Put aside some time to do schoolwork, invest in an agenda, and prioritize.
  2. STUDY. Don't blow it off. Don't become overwhelmed. Find what feels good for you. This could be studying in your room, studying in the library, playing music, not having any noise, studying alone, or studying with friends. There is no right or wrong way to study. What works for someone else might not work for you, but as long as you actually study, it's guaranteed that you'll do better.
  3. Be open. College is the time for you to find what you like and who you are without holding back. Make new friends, eat new food, go on adventures...whatever it takes to find you.
That's all I have for now! If you want more advice, have other advice, or have questions, let me know! Now that I have time off for Christmas break, my regular blogging will be back!

Happy Holidays!
 Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment